Colleen serves as the Executive Director of the Clallam County Economic Development Council.
Previously Colleen ran the Washington Business Alliance in Seattle where she led the organization to influence the state’s processes by applying business principles: A strategic plan with metrics and clearly defined goals. Under her leadership the Business Alliance led a coalition of 34 organizations to ensure the McCleary process included an increase of $78M in annual funding to support vocational training needs for kids in the classroom.
Colleen is in her second term as a Commissioner at the Port of Port Angeles. She previously served as the Port’s Director of Business Development and Real Estate. After challenging the status quo, she ran for office, and twice has won 59 of 59 precincts to become the first female Commissioner in the Port's 98-year history.
At the Port, Colleen has spearheaded the Composite Recycling Technology Center, which has received tens of millions in private and public funding to create innovative manufacturing jobs in rural Washington.
Colleen owned and operated a successful commercial real estate office in Clallam County for ten years. She is a decorated combat veteran who served 10 years in the Army as a helicopter and fixed wing pilot and as a military intelligence officer.
Peggy is our Executive Assistant.
She is a 3rd generation community member of Clallam County.
She is a graduate of Sequim High School, and attended Peninsula College before transferring to Washington State University to complete her degree.
Peggy has been working with small businesses for over 20 years as a Bookkeeper and previously owned a salon in Sequim.
She has also worked as an advocate for high risk mothers through the PCAP program and collected statistics on the vulnerable communities of our county while acting as a liaison between the client and the entities involved in the clients daily life.
She has spent extensive time as a volunteer for various events and programs such as Look Good Feel Better, The Local Food Banks, Relay for Life, and other non-profits events in a multitude of roles such as event organizer, speaker, and performer.
Ben is our intern, joining us in March 2020.
Ben is currently attending Butler University and has an impressive background utilizing his intended degree in Sports Media & Strategic Communications.
Previously he excelled as a Marketing Intern for Inspiria Global Events
in Washington DC, as a Game Presentation Intern for Monumental Sports & Entertainment, and has been active as a Public Relations Chair for Sigma Chi Rho Chapter, a Sports writer, and as an Assistant Coach for the Springfield/South County Youth Club.
Ben has spent his time as an intern creatively integrating advertisements and sponsors into the in-game experience in an effective way that engaged the audience and made a lasting impression. He wrote and edited scripts, and was in charge of coordinated halftime acts, the game entertainment team, national anthem singers; and organized them into the game schedule.
He also organized and participated in coordination of the in-game entertainment for Arena Bowl XXXI and WNBA Playoffs.
Chair: Brian Garrett Principle Ballymore Consulting, LLC 2022
Vice Chair: Terry Ward Vice President/ Publisher Sound Publishing 2021
Secretary: Kyle Johnson Executive Director Jamestown S’Kallam Tribe EDA 2023
Treasurer: Christy Rookard Regional Manager, VP First Federal 2021
Board of Directors:
1. Eric Lewis CEO Olympic Medical Center 2022
2. Luke Robins President Peninsula College 2022
3. Michael McQuay Owner Kokopelli Grill/Coyote BBQ Pub 2021
4. Terry Ward Vice President/ Publisher Sound Publishing 2021
5. Kyle Johnson Executive Director Jamestown S’Kallam Tribe EDA 2023
6. Melene Bourm Surgery Manager Forks Hospital 2021
7. Crystal Hottowe Grant Writer Makah Tribe 2022
8. Brandino Gibson Supervisor WorkSource 2022
9. Colleen Robinson Executive Director Habitat for Humanity 2022
10. Andra Smith Executive Director Sequim Food Bank 2022
11. Cherie Kidd Principle AAA Storage 2023
12. Brian Garrett President Ballymore Consulting, LLC 2022
13. Christy Rookard Regional Manager, VP First Federal 2021
14. Marc Abshire Executive Director PA Chamber of Commerce 2023
15. Carolyn St. James 2021
16. Todd Feinstein Attorney/ Principle Feinstein Law Firm 2023
17. William Armacost Council Member City of Sequim 2023
18. Jim Waddell Commissioner Clallam PUD 2023